Wednesday 22 February 2012

Oscars 2012 (Episode I: No Hope)

It's the Oscars soon (yay!). I might even stay up all night and watch the ceremony live on Sky like I did last year (OK, so it wasn't on Sky. I was in my university house and that involved some dodgy website streaming with ad-links to very dodgy websites indeed. But I did stay up all night). If you don't stay up all night, and you want to watch the ceremony, you have to isolate yourself from any other people who might know the results, the whole internet (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google, Google News, the BBC, the Guardian, Google+, BBC iPlayer, Youtube...), the radio, the television, newspapers, shops that might be playing the radio, shops that sell televisions that are demonstrated in the windows playing news channels, shops that sell newspapers... Basically, it's not practical. One day's sleep deprivation for finding out the results for yourself is worth it.

It's the same reason why I used to buy the Harry Potter books at midnight on the day they were released and read them as fast as I could. There were some pretty mean kids at school who definitely didn't take Harry Potter nearly as seriously as me, and trust me, if they had read the books faster than me, they would have delighted in telling me that Sirius Black died in the 5th one, or that Dumbledore (Note: I love that I spelled that wrong and my spellchecker actually corrected it!) did in the 6th et cetera. But no! Not one mean kid would take the joy out of it for me, for I may be a geek, but being a geek means I can read books quicker than your average bully. And, by the looks of this post, write a completely ridiculous post about the Oscars 2012.

I promise the next one will actually be about the Oscars 2012.

Hey, you! Like the blog? Want to be involved? We're now on Twitter (@MoviesMusicSoap) so feel free to follow and drop us a line. Maybe there's something you want us to write about or maybe you have an idea you want to write yourself, get in touch! If you're a band, filmmaker or any other kind of artist and want us to review you, again, please get in touch! Or hey, maybe you're just lonely and fancy a chat...

No comments:

Post a Comment